13 October 2006

Malaysia Inc. through the lense of an Ant..

To be in Malaysia as one of the most wonderful countries in the world I would sacrifice my previlige of a liberalise person. I would always consider Malaysia as one big company incorporated after succumbed to colonization for more than a hundred years. As a big company, it will be set in motion by the executives of the company. So, not to forget there are also minority shareholders in it. Meaning I am also in it at the smallest portion. Even the heartfelt of the pride is as huge as a planet.

Crux of the point is, as one of the shareholders, definitely I do not want to put my Employer to the state of jeopardy or at stake. But the effort of keeping it to the highest level of security not is tireless. But despite of that, I am onnly being victimized and manipulized as the TITANS of Post would simply trample the minorities like me. In addition they would do that with ease.

Therefore, as a Company, it should not always look up to the majority (even if this is the reality) but must also take account of the minorities as well. In line with that, encouraging more remunerations and awards to both parties would strengthen the commitment to the organization, then everybody will now enjoy the previlige of being a part of the team.

As to that, the band of remuneration should be set to be base on TRUE Key Perfomance Index or maybe better indicators. This also means, incentives should be awarded to only those with TRUE and proven qualification. Plus maybe a working group or even to the extent of an individu. Better transperencies or zero tolerance to fraudulent practices should be excercised.

One big question was slapped to my face after I discussed this matter with one of my trusted colleagues is that why should I bring this up after almost half of the centuries the company continues to practice the claimed 'infidelity'? Why now? Well, simple. Maybe experts have been thinking and stupendous proposals or papers have been put up, tabled to IMPROVE things but only the power of DECISION making is overuling all the ideas. Horrandious, but this does not means that all the decisions is bad. This is only a tiny or could be consider as 'ant-brained' me on relinquishing my view pertaining to the matter. Or am I wrong here?

Well, to me, true KPI or benchmarking is one of a brand of intergrities and trasperencies which should be neatly practiced. This would also promote towards healthy competencies and increase perfomances among shareholders as they are also in the same vessel. Only some of them are still green being wear the same vest of charters to achieve. This is also to be seen as another advantage to prevent any doubt and will definitely nurture better governance as well as re-gain ultimate form of respect from the human capital sector.

Therefore, I strongly hope and suggest that Malaysia Inc. will lay off poor perfomances rowers, sell all bad paddles, canceled all capital investments for old way of thinking, halt the sustaining of negative vibes and so-called canoe of secrecy and award the high perfomance to TRUE green chapter of shareholders. Not to forget to venture and embark on a new journey to distribute the reputation as bonuses to the Stakeholders and the company as well.

No comments: